The first school building was a log structure built in 1812. It was served faithfully by Eden Newton, out town's first teacher. Historical records indicated that our first high school graduation occurred in 1878. A copy of the commencement program from May 29, 1890, indicated that commencement was held in the G.A.R. Hall. In 1919, the first high school building was built on Center Street and was used as a community and school building. In 1925, the building was remodeled and expanded to meet a growing community's educational needs.
The Center Street complex was remodeled and expanded several times until the devastating tornado in 1985. The Board of Education and citizens of the Newton Falls Community built a new, modern school south of town.